Saturday, December 10, 2011

Waldorf inspired

My obsession with Waldorf remains. After touring the school last week we fell in love with the calm environment that Waldorf brings. Although, J was in tip top form so I sort of sat there wondering if this really was a good fit for him. He was loud, thunder foot, was trying to pick his sister up, not wanting to share with the other little gal there and I sat back watching and holding my breath a bit. I will admit that as we pulled up I prayed for him to be on a good behavior! It turned out that him showing himself, good and hard moments, was good. I felt as though it gave the teacher an insight in to who J is, spirited, and even still she told me she thought he was just fine.

So here I am a week later and I am still very Waldorf inspired. After my previous post I did in fact tackle my basement of toys. I got rid of bags of toys and it felt so nice. J helped and was very hands on in the process. He willingly got rid of cars and chose his favorites to keep. We donated most of our plastic toys, even though there is still some that remains, I am feeling better about where we are at. For Xmas the kids are getting some good wood toys and I am trying to pull off a more Waldorf life. I would LOVE for our home to look that way, I don't see it happening any time soon but it is my hopes.

I am really trying hard to put an end to screen time or at least limit it quite a bit. After seeing how he is when he watches a show (completely tuned out from the outside world and having fits when I turn it off) I have decided that this needs to be extremely limited. We've done pretty well for the past week and a half!

So my Waldorf inspiration continues and I'm taking steps to make it doable for our family. One day at a time right?!

Pictures to come soon!
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment