Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Strike a pose!

My dear Grandma (Gigi as our kids call her) came over the other day to help me do some cleaning for our Christmas get together today. Somehow we got on the topic of Xmas cards and she still hadn't gotten all hers out. She expressed how much she doesn't like doing them and then went on to say she was planning to send them out after Xmas. She wanted to do a card with pictures of all her great-grandchildren on it. She has no Internet and so I offered to help her make one. There really isn't much that makes me as happy as helping my grandma. I'm not sure why but I so much enjoy helping her in any way I can. Maybe it's because she is always SO appreciative of it. 

I promptly sent a text to my sister and cousins asking for a picture of the kids. They all delivered rather quickly too! My cousin sent me hers first and here I stood staring at this adorable picture of her two children beaming at the camera. I was flipping through my own portfolio of my children and had a hard time coming across one where both were smiling. So what did I do? I took out my camera and started snapping away trying to get both of them to strike a pose and smile ever so sweetly for me. 

I put my camera down after a few shots and thought to myself, what the heck am I doing?! J has always been far more smiley than Eme and getting him to smile for the camera was never much of a struggle. Emelyn on the other hand is way more serious. She's more reserved like her daddy and her smiles don't come as easily, but man when they do they sure are cute!! Each child is so unique and different and I needed to remind myself of that today. They are who they are and getting a picture of both my kids posed and smiling doesn't happen too often! So here is the photo I chose for my grandma's card. It fits my children so perfectly and ironically enough I think they are both semi smiling!

Hope you all had a wonderful Holiday! 
XO

1 comment: