Friday, December 16, 2011

Dance me mommy

Last night as I was starting my bedtime with J, we went in to our big family bed to lay down. I sat him on the bed and he instantly started fussing in his raspy sick voice. His big blue sleepy eyes looked up at me and he said in his whiny tired voice "I want you to dance me mommy". It doesn't happen very often but when he is feeling clingy and in need of some close mommy attention he says it. And so I did. I danced my almost 40 pound three year old, not for very long, but we danced, him and I. I thought to myself, will this be the last time I get to dance him? Will there be another moment where he stares adoringly in to my face and whispers those words? Life moves fast and I a lot of times move at that fast pace with my kids forgetting to live in the now. Last night, I danced with my boy and I pray there will be more nights ahead of dancing together.

XO

4 comments:

  1. I just cried...... ;( That is so sweet!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks everyone! It was one of those sweet moments within our busy days. The moments that count right? He sure is a love.

    ReplyDelete