Friday, December 16, 2011

Car underwear... for a girl

My 2 year old daughter asked Santa for "car undies."  I have no idea where this came from or why in the world she would think of such a thing, but after 3 visits with Santa and her asking for them every. single. time., I am on a mission to help Santa find car underwear... for a girl.  Let me tell you this is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do!  I'm not totally sure if it's Pixar Car undies she wants or just anything with cars on them, but let me tell you, it's damn near impossible to find them.  Actually this far, it is impossible.  Oh there are boys underwear with cars on them all over the place, along with trains, spaceships and rockets.  I have found 1 package of girl car undies and they're at Target but they're in the wrong size.  I was even willing to buy them--going against my personal challenge of only buying Christmas presents online or from local businesses.

What to do.  Am I experiencing what many parents experience during the holidays...."I have to have that toy or else"?  And parents run all over the countryside looking for that specific toy, pulling their hair out and cursing under their breath along the way, only for the kid to be over it 2 days after receiving it?  Car undies is such a funny request and I'm the type of person who loves a challenge that, yes, I'm willing to be that parent who will go to {nearly} any extreme to get Bug what she wants.  In this case.

And I'll probably end up getting her boy undies, which she loves and I'm fine with {she already has a pair} but it's all about the challenge of finding a pair of underwear that is traditionally boy themed, for a girl.

~JO

1 comment:

  1. It's in our mothering nature to always want to make our children happy-we get immeasurable joy in seeing their delight...even if it's car undies!!

    ReplyDelete