Saturday, December 17, 2011

The season of giving..and receiving

I received yet another package in the mail today of gifts for the kids. They are little wooden peg people and I couldn't help but order them for the kids. They will go perfect with Eme's dollhouse! They were a mere $5 which isn't a lot but after taking inventory of what the kids have I'm beginning to think I've gotten lost in the meaning behind Xmas.

Each year I stress myself out about what we are going to get the kids. Last year Eme was so little that it didn't matter but this year I wanted her to join in on the Xmas morning fun! We decided on a dollhouse for her, mostly because it's something that both of them can use as they get older and also because I'm on a waldorf kick right now! Z's parents found a wooden train table with all sorts of tracks and a city on it for J. I thought this would be a great gift for him, something different than cars, it doesn't make noise and it will allow him to be creative. Yet for some reason I keep coming back to this gift. Here we are a few days from Xmas and I'm still not sure if I should give this to him.

After taking a closer look at all I have for the kids (stocking stuffers, Santa gifts, m & d gifts) I am thinking many of them will be returned without the kids ever knowing they existed. Simplifying is my goal right now yet I seem to have veered off track!

What is your Xmas gift giving tradition? Is it the "something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read"? I'd love to hear what you are doing this year!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment