Monday, November 21, 2011

Pancakes and smiles

Today we went to Gigi's (my grandma's) house. My children absolutely adore Gigi, as do I. She holds a special place in my heart and every time we go over there my heart smiles. She has to be THE most genuine, loving, kind, giving and appreciative person I know. Not only do my kids adore her, she adores my kids just as much. She is constantly giving them hugs and kisses, playing with them, coloring, and always offering food/treats; I mean isn't that what Grandma's are for! Today was no different. J being Mr. Picky wasn't in the mood to eat anything we offered, unless of course it was covered in chocolate and/or sugar. So when Gigi told me a story about pancakes J's ears perked up and he said "I want pancakes". Off they went, the two of them, my 3 year old son and my 80 year old Grandma almost galloping up the stairs. I sat back and played with Eme while they did their thing. J being my intense little one wanted to be right in the mix and Gigi being as patient as she is with him let him. He wanted to help do it all. And the conversation between the two of them was quite amusing. J would say things like "why do you call it syrup instead of syrup (seerup instead of surup)". Grandma saying "huh you want chocolate chips on your pancakes?" The two of them laughing at each other all over a hot skillet and a bowl of pancake batter. It's days like these that make my heart swoon a little. The happiness on my kids faces doing nothing other than being with the ones they love, is priceless. It was a wonderful day.

1 comment: