Sunday, November 20, 2011

Camping in November

Ads loves being in a tent.  Loves it.  Strangely enough we've never been camping with her although it is a favorite summer pass time for us. So on this cold November day I decided we needed to do a little camping.  I set up the not-so-small 2person tent up in the living room. 
 She helped me set it up and was so eager to get in it when it was up she could hardly contain the squeals of enjoyment. She ran in as soon as she could requesting her bug pillow and the meow blanket {the blue striped blanket}. 
No girl can go camping without Elmo, Elmo blanket and Elmo flashlight. So that made it's way into the tent as well.
 She spent more than an hour planing in there. Reading books, dancing to music but mostly playing with her best friend, Izzy, our lab.  Listening to her giggling in delight as Izzy tried to get in the tent made me smile.
{She never made it in as Ads is a stickler for keeping the doors closed so the bugs don't get in}
 I'm all about having fun and as long as it doesn't break a major house rule, I'm game.  There isn't much I won't at least consider.  Setting up camp in our cramped living room so Ads can go camping in November didn't phase me.
-J

No comments:

Post a Comment