Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sleep tease

As I'm nursing my daughter to sleep I'm thinking about what my first blog will be about. Finally, she's asleep and I put her into her crib. Suddenly her eyes pop open. I think [pray] to myself that this is a momentary wake up and she'll roll over and go back to sleep. I gently sweep her blanket back and forth over her face trying to convince her tired body to surrender to sleep so I can sit on the computer for a few uninterrupted minutes.

With her eyes getting heavy and sleep seems certain, I begin to think again about what will be my first blog. Should I write about our day at the children's museum or maybe our unique lunch. Maybe I should do something more serious like what are my most serious fears or daily frustrations. Just as I am drifting off into blogland, my daughter looks up at me and sweetly says, "hi mom."

No nap today.

No comments:

Post a Comment