Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The importance of dad

Z has been crazy busy with work and fire department. His EMS training has sort of kicked our butts. He is gone two nights out of the week and on call one all while holding down a 40+ hour a week job. The guy is busy. Then there's me; his loving, adoring, hasn't showered in a few days, no make up wife who LITERALLY hands a child to him the second he walks in the door. The man hardly has time to take a breath in between shifts!

His busyness has taken it's toll on Mr. J. Mondays are a hard day at our house. Z goes back to work and J doesn't seem to adjust well. I've realized the importance of having daddy around. The two of them do special boy things together. They wrestle and tackle each other, they putz in the garage and play silly games in the backyard. I would have to say, although I don't really like to admit it, that I hear more giggles out of J when he is with dad. Last night they did another fun boy project and J was so in to it. They sat in the entry way hanging hooks and J was using daddy's tools. I was making dinner while listening to the two of them. He was so proud of himself. He'd quick run downstairs and grab another tool and come back up to help dad. It was another moment that warmed my heart. Miss Eme Lu was hanging on the gate trying to get to her daddy. The second he walks in the door she is climbing out of my arms to get to him. My children love their dad. I know most mom's would say this about their spouse but I really do believe we are so blessed to have such a wonderful dad.  And while watching the two of them interact I realized how truly important it is to have a positive male figure in your child's life. A picture of my boys!

1 comment: