Saturday, January 7, 2012

Someone Organize Me, PLEASE!


I'm always looking for a way to get organized.  I mean desperately.  Clutter is the quickest way to make me mentally unstable, so I'm constantly on the prowl to find cheap and creative ways to rid my life of it.  I haven't found The Solution for all our stuff, we live in a tiny 2 bedroom, 900 sq ft apartment, with Husband, Bug, a dog and 2 cats (don't ask), but I'm working on it.

I finally had it with all the magazines lying around.  Piles of them.  On the kitchen table.  In closets.  Next to the bed.  In the bathroom.  Next to the couch.  Under it.  Seriously, it was out of control.  And I knew it was going to only get worse, I had just bought a couple of 2 year subscriptions to magazines geared towards parents.   One night I had it.  I was over the stacks of paper everywhere.  The reason I had all these magazines was because I wanted to keep articles from them, usually only one or two.   So I startared tearing them out and before I knew it I had another mess on my hands.  More clutter.  What to do.  First off, a glass of wine was in order.  Calm the nerves.

Then I saw it.  The beautiful black book.  I heard the angels singing.  It was like a light was shining down on it saying, "here I am, the answer to all your problems."  Alright, it was a dusty old 3-ring binder from college that was stashed in a bookshelf.  I pulled it out, quickly emptied it of the psych 101 papers from my first year of college (perhaps this is part of the reason I have so much stuff... I graduated years ago).  It even had page dividers and clear plastic paper holders in it.  Score!  I stashed the articles I just ripped out of the magazines and put them in the plastic holders.  It was beautiful.  I had taken stacks of magazines and condensed them into a small binder that was easily accessible and didn't take up a ton of room.    

And when my mother in law gave us some of her favorite recipes in a 3-ring binder, my recipes started to organize themselves after that.



Ok, not really but it became that much easier!


No comments:

Post a Comment