Sunday, January 29, 2012

Paintbrush and thoughts

I have decided our bathroom is in need of a change. It's a really small bathroom with no window and for the past two years it's been a pretty dark goldish brown. On top of that my hubby thought it was a good place for Salvador Dali to be displayed. I did it for two years, now I'm ready for a change!

J was asleep downstairs and Babe and Eme were snuggling on the couch, it was just me, a paintbrush and my thoughts. I often think about our house and our future. We live about 20-30 minutes outside of the city. Our town isn't a super small town but it has a very cute downtown area that gives it a small town feel. We moved here two years ago under different circumstances. We currently rent our house with the option to buy if we wanted to go that route. I have mixed emotions about where we are at. We have a great backyard with no neighbors behind us (a schoolyard). We live on a culdesac. Our house is a good size for our family and there is a lot of potential. I like the area very much and we are relatively close to the city, since we go there quite often!. Plus, Eme Lu and I went perusing downtown this weekend and came across a sweet little shop that sells only organic/fair trade products. I was in love and for the first time in a while I felt as though perhaps this could be our home, for good.

But, with that being said I am one for change. I like big changes such as moving. It gives me a rush and there is excitement in the process for me. Since having kids it has shifted. While it still gives me excitement looking for "our" house (because this is a rental we didn't pick out our home) I am very conscious of what a move can do to a little one. Especially my little j. He is so very sensitive and already has a hard time sleeping away from home when we go anywhere. I know that he would adjust over time but it would be really hard for him to leave his comfort of home.

So for now, this is our home. There's room for expansion and while it's not our dream home it's the memories we've created while we have been here that mean so much. I can keep dreaming, and rearranging, and painting, and expanding.

Oh, and we painted the bathroom a light grey :)

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment