Friday, July 20, 2012

Me Time = Better Mom

Meghan and I are training for a half marathon that's coming up in 2 weeks.  I've been frustrated because I haven't been able to find the time to do any long runs {I'm a slow runner so I need a lot of time and Bug is a trooper but she's not game for sitting in the stroller for an hour and a half}. 

Yesterday I had had it.  I was ready to explode with energy and didn't know what to do with myself.  I needed to run.  Desperately.  I did something I have never done, I called a girlfriend who has 2 kids Bug plays with and asked if she would watch her for me while I burned some energy.  Without hesitating once, she simply told me to bring her over. 

It was exactly what I needed.  I ran 10 miles, my longest yet.  I hit a state trail and being it was the middle of the week and mid-morning, there wasn't a single person around.  Only the birds and some critters.  It cleared my head and I burned off a lot of steam.  I can't tell you how amazing it was, I felt free.  Bug did awesome playing with her friends, not a single problem.  I am so lucky to have such good friends that I can just drop my daughter off at a moments notice.  I was a better mom after that run, and it boosted my confidence in being able to complete 13.1 miles. 
~Jess

a perfect running trail

with beautiful views

No comments:

Post a Comment