Sunday, July 29, 2012

A weekend away..

My family was so in need of some quality, get away from the house and the "to do's" for a weekend and spend some serious time connecting, all of us. We decided to head north and visit Oma and Opa [my mom and her husband] for a weekend. They are in the process of building their "retirement" home and they now have 6 acres of pure privacy. We brought the blow up mattress, a sleeping bag and some blankets and set up shop on the inside of their framed home.

The weekend was spent playing in dirt, going to the local festival, lots of water play and rock throwing,   hiking, laughing, eating good food, lounging and taking in all the outdoors we could. The sun was beaming from sun up to sun down and we had a blast. It was exactly what my family was in need of. Babe has been working long hours and he was in need of a break. I felt a re-connection not only with my kids but my hubby too. It felt great.
{My hubby having a short moment by himself and breathing in the fresh air and the sound of falls that surrounded us}
My mom was smiling and for the first time in a while I saw her genuinely happy about this new endeavor. My mom's husband was able to spend some quality time with Jabes and Eme and little Miss Eme Lu sure loved her Opa.

{Opa and Eme walking to falls together}
My kids were smiling, babe and I were smiling, we were relaxed and happy. The kids had both mom and dad without any work or pagers or cell phones to distract us. We were theirs for the weekend. Babe goes back to work tomorrow and while I am really bumming about it, I am also feeling like we are in a good place to start our week. All of us are a little sleep deprived but I think we are all feeling a bit more refreshed and ready to tackle the week ahead. A few photos below to document the fabulous weekend we had. Happy Sunday to you all!

Megs
{I love how they are both gently holding on to one another}

{Daddy and his girl}

{He could do this all day!}

{My happy Mr. Magoo}

{Eme Lu playing in the sand and taking in the beautiful river}

{His smiles are melt worthy..}

{I love this photo.. she had so many rocks and was trying to get her tiny fingers around each one}

{Rock throwing together!}
{They make such a wonderful sound as they clink together!}


{What's better than waking up, walking outside and starting a nice warm fire..}

No comments:

Post a Comment