Sunday, March 18, 2012

My Happiness

Last year was a rough year. We had a lot of unexpected deaths that seemed to happen more frequently than anyone should experience. I felt as though each day I was living in fear of a phone call or something happening to my loved ones. We made it through 2011 but it was a tough year. Three months in to 2012 and this year has been happiness.

My children are thriving, the sun has started shining again and it's warming up. Laughter and smiles seem to surround us. The funk that we were in during the cold winter months have passed and we are spending all day outside. It feels so amazing. I have found a passion for photography that I never knew existed. As I snap photos of my kids it brings me such happiness capturing their pure innocence throughout the days. What a gift to be able to capture the smiles, the accomplishments, the new phases that they are in.
My sister and niece came for a weekend visit and the hustle and bustle that at times can be overwhelming has been a nice noise this weekend. The kids have been running around playing together, there has been such harmony and peacefulness in all of us this weekend. I have a feeling of inner peace and complete happiness. I am letting go of my anxiety and trying to embrace the happy moments that are around us. Instead of waiting for the bad to come, which is what I have done, I am relishing in the good that is. There are moments within my days that are challenging, tiring, owies that I need to kiss. But when I look back at these photos I realize how much happiness has filled our days. It's easy to focus on the hard moments and to go to bed feeling exhausted. I am exhausted but I am choosing to focus on the good, the laughter and smiles, the positives within our days. I can't control what "could" happen and there is no good worrying, but what I can control is my own happiness. My children, my husband, my family, the sun; all of these things bring me eternal happiness. Take a moment within your days and reflect back on your happiness. Let go of the things you can not control and open your arms to the things you can. Happy Sunday to all of you!
-Megs

{My niece and her gorgeous eyes, taking in the sounds of the great outdoors}

{J and Ad enjoying some time together}

{My sweet baby girl, looking just that.. sweet!}

{Eme is digging for bugs!}


{J figured out how to climb the fence and get on top of his play house. Look at how proud he is!!}

{My sister and I having a moment together. She is teaching me about photography. I snapped this photo of her and absolutely love how she looks holding the camera}
 {Z and J were cutting the grass together, Eme was playing in the sandbox, and I caught my sister  in action.  I had that calm peaceful feeling in this moment!}
{A warm embrace between cousins}

No comments:

Post a Comment