Monday, March 12, 2012

It's Monday, my favorite day!

The sign welcoming us to playgroup
I seriously love Mondays.  Bug and I look forward to going to our next Waldorf playgroup from the moment we leave.  Today was no exception. 

We arrived late because Bug slept in (no complaints here!) and we were able to play outside for a few minutes before it was time to go in.  It was hard for Bug because she 1) loves to be outside and 2) it had rained this morning which means lots of mud and puddles!  We bought rain pants just for this reason.

When we got inside the children played so well together while the parents sat at the table and started wet felting our books.  A dad was visiting and he learned how to finger knit and worked on that.  There was such wonderful harmony in the room today, there always is, but today was especially good.  There were children playing under the table together while the parents worked, kids playing in the kitchen, with dolls and the wooden barn.  The wool balls came out, as did the wood stacking blocks, and puzzles.  The room was very loved today and there was such joy in the air.  The parents talked about everything, from our children's sleeping habits to where we buy our kids clothes.  The playgroup leader buzzed happily around the room humming sweet songs while interacting with the children, preparing our snack (today it was hot cereal, so good!), and checked in on our felting. 

My felt book, after it's been felted.

It was a beautiful day, full of harmony and happiness.  As Waldorf Monday usually does, it rolled over into the rest of our day.  Calm and peaceful.  Already I'm looking forward to next Monday. 

Before we left, Bug played outside in the mud pit, enjoying the warm Wisconsin day. 
-Jo

Playing in one of the 2 mud pits

Pushing the wheelbarrow on top of the mud hill

The 3rd graders built this for all the children to play in. How awesome is that?!





3 comments:

  1. Hello,

    May I ask you what is your name? I love reading your posts as I said before. There is always something I can relate to. I am so jealous we can't attend the Waldorf playgroup. This is a type of play I am looking for. It looks like you go onlu once per week. Do you have to pay? Also, I was very sad reading your post about what happened to your daughter at Target. Also, I am a little bit confused with names of your kids, I am not sure which one is a girl and how old and which one is a boy and how old. Since I haven't read your post for too long it is a little bit confusion as I can't understand wno am I reading about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would appreciate if you can clarify the above quetsions for me. Also, when it comes to comments I am not the best writer and it can be hard to express what I am feeling in words. I am sorry if something doesn't sound right.

      Delete
    2. Hello Nika! So glad to see you here! We are actually 2 sisters, I'm Jess (JO) and I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter I call Bug. My sister is Meghan (MP) and she has a 3 1/2 year old son, Jabes and a 15 month old daugher, Eme.

      Bug and I only go to Waldorf once a week on Mondays and Meghan also goes once a week on Fridays (we live in different states so it's not at the same school). We do pay for it and it is expensive, which was hard at first, but it's worth every penny. Finding a playgroup or a group of friends you mesh well is difficult and I hope that you find one soon. Have you looked for a Waldorf school in your area? If you don't think you can afford it, ask if you can do a payment plan. That's what we're doing and it helps significantly. There are websites out there that look at how you can do Waldorf style learning at home. It's very helpful if you aren't at a school. Maybe this is a post we need to look into doing.

      Bug falling out of the cart was scary and we're a lot more cautious about them now. Target has found the cart and pulled it off the floor until it's fixed. Thank you for being concerned, it was a moment I hope no parent ever experiences.

      Thanks for stopping by and we hope to see you often. And please feel free to comment whenever you want, there is no judging here. We'd also love to hear any suggestions for blog ideas you may have or topics you want us to write about. You can also follow us on Facebook at Puddles and Pippy Toes.

      ~Jess

      Delete