Saturday, April 21, 2012

Our stories

A few posts back I had mentioned my new found love for photography. As days pass I find myself enjoying this new passion more and more. When I look back at photos I think my love for it was always there but I lacked the confidence in myself that I was anything other than a mom behind the camera. I'm beginning to trust myself more, read more about photography, my husband has been teaching me how to edit in adobe photo shop, listen to advice from others (particularly my lovely sister whose speciality is just this) and take more risks.

Beauty is all around us.. if we look around we see all the beauty the world has to offer. 

One thing I've learned in this process is that photography is a lot like writing. It speaks to us and we all interpret it differently. For me, like writing, photography is a way of getting more personal with others. A way of learning more about a person and seeing the beauty that lies within. This past week was the first time I went completely out of my comfort zone and photographed a friend's little ones. I was extremely nervous, I have no experience whatsoever other than snapping pictures of my own children. In the end what I learned was so much more than photography 101. What I learned was that each family, each child, each person has their own story and it speaks to you when you are the one behind the lens. I may not be a professional and who knows if I will ever go anywhere with this new passion but if I can capture the story that each person carries with them then I've done good. My goal as an aspiring photographer is to make you feel something when you look at a photo. I don't want it to be just another photo, I want their to be an emotion behind it. Here is a glimpse in to my own world as well as some photos of the sweet little girls I was able to be a part of.

Megs

This photo captures my J soo well. He is a mover and a shaker and jumping gives him so much excitement!

Their relationship is growing each and every day. 
Our Eme Lu! She has so much spunk and zest about her. She knows what she wants and is determined to get it. In that same breath, she has her dad's easy going nature. Not sure how they go hand and hand but she makes it work!

A classic parenting moment I captured!
Baby love!!
This sweet little one is just a month over a year. She has such a calm and easy going disposition about her.

I love this photo for so many reasons but mostly because it captures childhood so well. The simple pleasures that make our kids happy. This sweet girl is just that, soo sweet and caring. xo

Even though it was nap time you wouldn't know it. Sweet smiles from this little beauty.

Sisters. Enough said.
Free spirits our little ones are.


1 comment: