Monday, May 21, 2012

The First Last Day of School

Hello Friends,  it has been a while.  It's amazing how fast time slips by, isn't it?

Today was our last day at Waldorf School and it was bitter sweet saying goodbye.  We've made some amazing friends along the way and it was hard saying goodbye.  But summer is upon us and that means sunshine, travel, spending lots of time outside and hopefully a lot of camping.  

What we've learned at the Waldorf School will certainly follow us this summer.  It's taught me to slow down and enjoy life but especially my daughter.  I've learned that the things I thought were a big deal really aren't and the little things that didn't seem to matter really do.  Like looking for bugs, and how beautiful flowers really truly are, but mostly to slow down and enjoy the adventure, that it's about the journey not the destination.

Bug doesn't do well with goodbye's so she pretty much hung back and hugged Bia (her blanket).  We all promised we'd keep in touch and have plans to get together already.  There is also going to be an informal gathering at a local park each week for the kids to play and the parents to talk, which I'm looking forward to (anyone who's in the Madison area who's interested, contact me here and I can send you the information).  The idea is to build community so everyone is invited, Waldorf or not.

I'm grateful for all I've learned and for the friends I've made.  Bug and I will miss our Monday Waldorf days, but we've come away with something beautiful.  New friends.

Each class we end with circle time.  There's one song that the kids love to sing and I think it's perfect to end with it. 

"Make new friends, but keep the old.
 One is silver and the others gold.
 The circle grows, it has not end.
 That's how long I want to be your friend." 

~Jess


These are the felt projects we've been working on each week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment